FAI offers comprehensive services for characterizing, preventing and mitigating fires and explosions due to combustible dust.
- Develop a cost effective test strategy to characterize material handled at a food manufacturing facility
- Perform dust explosion testing to determine moisture content, particle size, explosion severity, sensitivity to ignition and minimum explosion concentration
- Conduct an on-site dust hazard assessment based on applicable National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
- Facilitate a process hazard analysis (PHA) to address fire and explosion hazards for their facility with a focus on combustible dust hazards.
- Prioritize high risk scenarios and worked with the customer to develop appropriate and cost effective protection strategies.
Safety Program Improvement
- Recommend improvements to existing programs for housekeeping, electrical area classification, management of change (MOC), preventative maintenance and training.