FAI offers comprehensive services for characterizing, preventing and mitigating fires and explosions due to combustible dust.
- Develop a cost effective test strategy to characterize material handled at a wood pellet manufacturing facility
- Perform dust explosion testing to determine moisture content, particle size, explosion severity and sensitivity to ignition
- Conduct an on-site dust hazard assessment based on applicable National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
- Facilitate a process hazard analysis (PHA) to address fire and explosion hazards for their facility with a focus on combustible dust hazards.
- Prioritize high risk scenarios and worked with the customer to develop appropriate and cost effective protection strategies.
Safety Program Development
- Support development of combustible dust programs including housekeeping, electrical area classification, preventative maintenance and training.