Where's the one-stop-shop resource for nuclear safety for power plants?
The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) together with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) offer a Safety Requirements list.
The Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) offers a resource page including plant operations safety and a list of other agencies.
And, the International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) provides a safety standards and fundamentals resource.
But, what are the "buzz words" and the nuts and bolts that go into understanding the components of a nuclear power plant and how to keep it safely operating? And, who provides plant operability testing and code analysis for severe accident phenomena to support both nuclear and environmental safety, as well as state-of-the-art methodology and laboratory tools for characterizing chemical systems.
Here are just a few of the items designed, engineered and tested in the nuclear plant safety process:
- Acoustic Analysis
- Aerosol, Thermal and Explosion Model (FATE™) 2.0
- Cable Flame Testing (Flame Hut) Facility
- Cable Health Aging
- Cable Testing
- Chemical and Radioactive Waste Safety
- Circuit Analysis
- Commercial Grade Dedication / Reverse Engineering and Obsolescence
- Custom Engineering & Testing
- Debris Intrusion
- Decontamination & Decommissioning (D&D) Process Engineering
- Electromagnetic Radiation (EMC)
- Equipment Qualification (EQ) Testing
- Facility Flow
- Fire Modeling & Cable Selection/Circuit Analysis
- Gas / Air Intrusion Accumulation
- Loss of Coolant Accident (LOCA) Test Chamber
- Plant Analysis
- Post-Fukushima Engineering
- Probabalistic Risk Assessment (PRA)
- RELAP Transient Analysis
- Reactor Auxiliary Building Analysis
- Seismic Walkdowns
- Severe Accident Management
- Spent Fuel Processing Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Thermal Hydraulics
- Verification and Validation
- Waste Management & D&D Process Engineering
What else would you add? There's certainly alot to discuss. This is intended as a resource page. For more information on how nuclear power plants are tested, forecasted, maintained and engineered, contact us 630-323-8750 www.fauske.com